Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jesse Reynolds <li...@va.com.au> on 2001/10/15 15:31:56 UTC

3.3rc2 mod_jk.so BSD bug (was RE: 3.3rc2 and mod_jk.so - have to have matching versions?)

Ahhh, thanks Larry that's great to know. This explains the timeouts.

So, now I appear to have a bug in the 3.3rc2 mod_jk.so - unless I'm
compiling it wrong. It took quite some hacking of the
Makefile.freebsd to make it compile at all, and when I run apache
with this new mod_jk.so installed I get the following error:

    Undefined symbol "jk_set_log_format"

su-2.05# apachectl start
Syntax error on line 237 of /usr/local/etc/apache/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so into server:
/usr/local/libexec/apache/mod_jk.so: Undefined symbol
"jk_set_log_format"
/usr/local/sbin/apachectl start: httpd could not be started

Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here? is it a bug
in the code? is it something I did wrong when compiling mod_jk.so ???

Cheers

Jesse