Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cam <cm...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/03 18:56:32 UTC

Upload distribution archive to a remote file system

Hi,

Does anyone know how to upload an artifact created by the assembly
pluing to a remote file system? The install and deploy plugins have to
be used in conjunction with a maven repository whereas i was just
looking to upload the files directly so they can be served through a
normal web server directory configuration.

I've tried looking at using the wagon providers but it seems like it's
more for use by other plugins as there's no documentation on how to use
it in a build cycle.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Cam

Re: Upload distribution archive to a remote file system

Posted by Dirk Olmes <di...@xanthippe.ping.de>.
Cam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to upload an artifact created by the assembly
> pluing to a remote file system? The install and deploy plugins have to
> be used in conjunction with a maven repository whereas i was just
> looking to upload the files directly so they can be served through a
> normal web server directory configuration.
>
> I've tried looking at using the wagon providers but it seems like it's
> more for use by other plugins as there's no documentation on how to use
> it in a build cycle.

You're right: wagon is the way to go. Have a look at the
maven-wagon-plugin
(http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/myfaces/maven/trunk/wagon-maven-plugin/).
 I didn't use it so far but a co-worker had success uploading files to a
remote server using scp.

-dirk