Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by pdt_p <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/09 03:44:31 UTC

commandButton behaviour

Hi guys,

I just started learning JSF and I am new in this forum. I apologize if I
make mistake or my explaination is not clear.

I have a JSF page which uses adf faces incubator CommandButton for a submit
button. That submit button I set the “id” attribute called
"SearchTestButton", label called "Search" and I set that button as the
default submit button. So, if I press enter it will fire that button.
When the page loads, the button label will be "Search" text. I just realize
that when I press enter button (not click it using mouse), the button label
changes to its id attribute value. In this case the button value change to
"SearchTestButton".
Anyone aware of this issue?
How to set the label when the button is fire from pressing enter key?
I try to search in this forum but I coudn't found any answer so far.
example jsp page:

<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/adf/faces" prefix="af"%>
..
..
<af:form id="form1" defaultCommand="SearchTestButton">
..
..
<af:commandButton id="SearchTestButton"
      text="Search"
     action="#{SearchBean.testSearcg_action}"/>
..
..
..
..