Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Sean Murphy <sm...@ivs3d.com> on 2006/03/28 16:53:23 UTC

Remote execution of SVN updates.

Greetings, I've got svn working locally to the point where I can run
"svn up scripts", say, to update my scripts collection and so forth, but
I wish to be able to execute an update remotely via SSH.  I have a set
of keys set up between two trusted accounts, and when I run the following:

*> ssh -x -n user@host "cd build; svn up scripts"

*and it pauses for about 3 seconds, then gives me:
*svn: Connection closed unexpectedly
**
*I'm unsure as to why it works locally, but not when executed remotely.
I suspect there's something the non-interactive shell isn't doing right
and svn is choking on it, but I'm at a loss as to what.  If anyone has
any information, I'd be most appreciative.

-Sean