Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Roland <wg...@ids.de> on 2013/07/12 12:09:41 UTC

Re: [SECURITY] permissions.perm file ignored

Hi Karl,
I installed the framework.security-bundle and configured
-Djava.security.policy=My.policy -Dorg.osgi.framework.security="osgi"but I
got following exception: "java.security.AccessControlException: access
denied (java.io.FilePermission .\felix-cache read)". So I stored a
permissions.perm to the OSGI-INF-directory but without any
success...(java.io.FilePermission .\felix-cache read,write)

Any suggestions?
Many Thanks
Roland

Re: [SECURITY] permissions.perm file ignored

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
Well, I can't reproduce this problem on MacOS 10.8.4. For me, downloading
felix 4.2.1 and  framework.security 2.2.0 (installed by putting it into the
'bundle' dir) seems to work with:

$ java -Djava.security.policy=My.policy
-Dorg.osgi.framework.security="osgi" -jar bin/felix.jar

where:

$ cat My.policy
grant {
  permission java.security.AllPermission;
};

$ java -version
 java version "1.7.0_21"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.21-b01, mixed mode)

so you'll have to give me some more informations and help me to reproduce
your problem...

regards,

Karl

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:34 PM, Roland <wg...@ids.de> wrote:

> Hi,
> ok
>
> grant {
>   permission java.security.AllPermission;
> };
>
> ERROR: Error creating bundle cache. (java.security.AccessControlException:
> access denied (java.io.FilePermission .\felix-cache read))
> java.security.AccessControlException: access denied (java.io.FilePermission
> .\felix-cache read)
>         at
>
> java.security.AccessControlContext.checkPermission(AccessControlContext.java:374)
>         at
> java.security.AccessController.checkPermission(AccessController.java:549)
>         at
> java.lang.SecurityManager.checkPermission(SecurityManager.java:532)
>         at java.lang.SecurityManager.checkRead(SecurityManager.java:871)
>         at java.io.File.exists(File.java:731)
>         at
>
> org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction$Actions.run(SecureAction.java:1546)
>         at
>
> org.apache.felix.framework.util.SecureAction.fileExists(SecureAction.java:308)
>         at
> org.apache.felix.framework.cache.BundleCache.<init>(BundleCache.java:124)
>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.init(Felix.java:640)
>         at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.start(Felix.java:893)
>
> Thanks!
> Roland

Karl Pauls
karlpauls@gmail.com
http://twitter.com/karlpauls
http://www.linkedin.com/in/karlpauls
https://profiles.google.com/karlpauls

Re: [SECURITY] permissions.perm file ignored

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.
can you post the stack trace or the content of your My.policy file?

regards,

Karl