Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "L. Yeung" <l_...@yahoo.com> on 2004/12/02 11:22:00 UTC

Getting Started Geronimo.

Hi! We have a couple of EJBs (SessionBeans + ORM)
deployed on our JBoss server. Are there any info on
migration issues?

Thanks.

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Getting Started Geronimo.

Posted by David Jencks <dj...@gluecode.com>.
We have schema definitions, however these are still definitely subject
to change.  You can find them after a build collected in
modules/assembly/target/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT/schema/

I strongly encourage you to look into xdoclet2 since my experience with
xdoclet 1 is that the templates quickly turn into an unmaintainable
mess.  I don't actually know that xdoclet2 is any better, but the
developers claim it should be.  I personally think that the "template"
for xml descriptors should an annotated schema of the document you are
trying to generate, the annotations consisting of queries against the
model extracted from the javadoc tags.

thanks
david jencks

Re: xdoclet-geronimo plugin

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
L. Yeung wrote:
> I've written some docs on geronimo-plugin and uploaded
> the geronimo-xdoclet sources and geronimo-apps, a
> sample maven template, moments ago.
>
> The @geronimo.attr is currently written as class leel
> instead of method level. I think it should be moved to
> method level for better source manageability, but I
> can't find any good samples which uses attributes. If
> you could provide some, I'll move them in a few days.
>
> Any feedback is highly appreciated.

I've assigned myself to the JIRA issue and will be reviewing it in the
comming days. Keep in mind that I (might) have never worked with
XDoclet, so that it may last longer that is really required ;)

Thanks for the work!

> - L. Yeung

Jacek

Re: xdoclet-geronimo plugin

Posted by "L. Yeung" <l_...@yahoo.com>.

(http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10220).

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: xdoclet-geronimo plugin

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
Dain Sundstrom wrote:
> The best thing to do is to post it as a patch in Jira
> (http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10220).
> Then we have a history of the license donation.

Exactly! How come I'd forget about it?!

> I'd start by throwing it into the sandbox until the people are
> comfortable with it.

I firstly thought about publishing it through a HTTP server at ASF, but
it's much better to throw it into the sandbox. That way it will spread
much faster ;)

Thanks Dain.

> -dain

Jacek

Re: xdoclet-geronimo plugin (was: Re: Getting Started Geronimo)

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <ds...@gluecode.com>.

--
Dain Sundstrom
Chief Architect

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
L. Yeung wrote:
> My geronimo plugin currently implements only
> configuration tag. I tested it and it produced the
> output same as the gbean sample found in wiki. If you
> want to test it I could email you the file.

Do it! I'd bet there're others who are interested in it, too, so it'd be
better if we could publish it somewhere? May I do it?

And don't forget to send me some documentation on how to use it. I have
never used xdoclet or even if I have I didn't know that ;)

> -len

Jacek

Re: Getting Started Geronimo.

Posted by "L. Yeung" <l_...@yahoo.com>.

http://celebrity.mail.yahoo.com

Re: Getting Started Geronimo.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
L. Yeung wrote:
> I've reported a task moments ago. I'm working on
> xdoclet-geronimo now.

I saw it. Excellent. Now, when the question about XDoclet pops up, the
answer will become way simpler - see the task status in JIRA :)

Where will the sources go? Do you think about creating a module for it?
I can create a branch in Geronimo's repository and upload your files
when you do anything. Just let me know about it.

> -len

Jacek

Re: Getting Started Geronimo.

Posted by "L. Yeung" <l_...@yahoo.com>.
Sure. I was reading the module sources in XDoclet 1.2
days ago. If you could help me with XDoclet2, I will
be glad.

Thanks.

-len

http://my.yahoo.com

Re: Getting Started Geronimo.

Posted by Brian Topping <to...@codehaus.org>.
Len,

Posted by "L. Yeung" <l_...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.

(http://nagoya.apache.org/jira/secure/BrowseProject.jspa?id=10220) and
comment it. That way it will be much easier for anybody to track the
progress and finally build CHANGELOG (which is prepared on fridays, I
believe, and sent to the dev mailing list).

> -len

Jacek

Re: Getting Started Geronimo.

Posted by "L. Yeung" <l_...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.
L. Yeung wrote:
> I'm relying on XDoclet heavily for my SessionBeans.
> I'ved checked out XDoclet's documentation but there
> seems no geronimo tags supported. I can't get any more
> information about this.

Hi,

I'm not at all surprised. I've seen no information about XDoclet and
Geronimo working together, so it's time to have it. What would you say
if you were invited to develop it? ;)

More information about configuration of Geronimo is on Geronimo Wiki:
http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo. If it's not there, it may certainly
mean that the requested feature doesn't exist yet. And don't forget to
check out Geronimo JIRA as it may now be worked out.

> len

Jacek

Re: Getting Started Geronimo.

Posted by "L. Yeung" <l_...@yahoo.com>.

http://my.yahoo.com

Re: Getting Started Geronimo.

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <jl...@apache.org>.

process and write down the details on http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo.
You're more than welcome to describe your findings on Wiki and report
issues on Geronimo issue database - JIRA.

See http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo for more information.

> Thanks.

Jacek