Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Jean-Marie Landri <je...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/29 08:00:13 UTC

error with moodle plugin

Hello
i have installed moodle openmeetings plugin and set up openmeetings
activity.
i'm getting error :
"
Error

wsdl error: Getting
http://xxx.yyy.171.20:5080/openmeetings/services/UserService?wsdl - HTTP
ERROR: cURL ERROR: 28: connect() timed out!
url: http://216.224.171.20:5080/openmeetings/services/UserService?wsdl
content_type:
http_code: 0
header_size: 0
request_size: 0
filetime: -1
ssl_verify_result: 0
redirect_count: 0
total_time: 30.001616
namelookup_time: 0.000138
connect_time: 0
pretransfer_time: 0
size_upload: 0
size_download: 0
speed_download: 0
speed_upload: 0
download_content_length: -1
upload_content_length: -1
starttransfer_time: 0
redirect_time: 0
certinfo: Array
redirect_url: "
I tried to uninstall and install it again but the same

thank you

RE: error with moodle plugin - mod_proxy via your apache server

Posted by Stephen Cottham <St...@robertbird.com.au>.
Jean-Marie \ George,

Are you trying to forward all Public requests destined to port 80 to 5080?

This was step 13 on my guide, or are you trying to do something else?

What didn't work for you?

If you have two services that you want to run off port 80 you just need to create the correct config based on named hosts in apache, one goes to the apache web root and the other is a reverse proxy to your openmeetings instance. (eg. www.domain.com goes to apache and openmeeting.domain.com goes to openmeetings instance)

Im not 100% clear exactly what you are trying to achieve but I can assist you with the apache setup if you can give me a bit more information on your exact setups.

Best Regards

________________________________

	---------------

RE: error with moodle plugin

Posted by George Kirkham <gk...@co2crc.com.au>.
Jean-Marie,

I am not sure on how to get this working as yet as I have not had chance to try this out.

However to help people in providing assistance can you tell us about your OpenMeetings server, please.

1)      What Operating System (OS) is your OpenMeetings server? For example is it Debian or Ubuntu, etc ?

2)      Do you want to access your OpenMeetings from the Internet, and if so what ports are your firewalls able to forward to your OpenMeetings server?  For example, 5080, 1395, 8088, 80 ?

3)      Is your OpenMeetings server also running an Apache or Apache2 web server?

4)      If OpenMeetings server also running an Apache or Apache2 web server, is it an Apache or Apache2 web server?

5)      Is your OpenMeetings server also running a MySQL server which you use for OpenMeetings ?

6)      Is your web server configured to use "Virtual Hosts"

http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2011/07/apache-virtual-host/

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/name-based.html

I am assuming that you are using an Apache web server on the same server that you running OpenMeetings, and that your  Apache Web server is using port 80, but you want to also use port 80 for your OpenMeetings server instead of ports 5080 and 8088 (as this is possible).  I am also assuming that you know how to configure Named Based Virtual Hosts.

If your Apache Web server is also running OpenMeetings and is using Named Based Virtual Hosts (the most commonly used type of virtual hosts), then the following should provide redirection for your OpenMeetings server, just change "mydomain.com" for you're  domain address, allowing you to access http://openmeetings.mydomain.com/openmeetings

Please note that I have not yet had chance to try this myself, but this is how I understand it should work, see below for my slightly  modified version of the instructions that Maxim pointed out to us, that is https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/openmeetings-user/ZW5tu49sXpA

Set up openmeetings and rtmpt CNAMEs in DNS.that point to Apache proxy

server.

Add hostname and IP in OS hosts table that point to actual openmeetings server on Apache Proxy (and sub domain names for the DNS server that is the registrar for your doman name), for;

openmeetings.mydomain.com

rtmpt.mydomain.com

On your Apache web server create virtual host files for the above to sub domains. For me these go into "/etc/apache2/sites-available".

 Relevant section of openmeetings virtual host:

<VirtualHost *:80>

    ServerName openmeetings.mydomain.com

    <Location /openmeetings>

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from all

    </Location>

    ProxyPass / http://openmeetings.mydomain.com:5080/

    ProxyPassReverse / http://openmeetings.mydomain.com:5080/

</VirtualHost>

Relevant section of openmeetings-rtmpt virtual host:

<VirtualHost *:80>

    ServerName rtmpt.mydomain.com

    <Location /openmeetings>

            Order allow,deny

            Allow from all

    </Location>

    ProxyPass /openmeetings http://openmeetings.mydomain.com:5080/openmeetings

    ProxyPassReverse /openmeetings http://openmeetings.mydomain.com:5080/openmeetings

    ProxyPass / http://openmeetings.mydomain.com:8088/

    ProxyPassReverse / http://openmeetings.mydomain.com:8088/

</VirtualHost>

Modify your OpenMeetings config:

red5/webapps/openmeetings/config.xml:

<rtmphostlocal>rtmpt.mydomain.com</rtmphostlocal>

<rtmpTunnelport>80</rtmpTunnelport>

<red5httpport>80</red5httpport>

Reading the above instructions I had failed to get this to work as I had missed to points;

1)      The need to have a virtual host for rtmpt.mydomain.com

2)      Modifing my OpenMeetings configuration file for rtmpTunnelport and red5httpport

I am still confused why rtmpTunnelport and red5httpport are to be chanced, but it is worth a try.  I am currently using Debian and no Apache on my OpenMeetings server but I would like to test this out and be able to have both Apache and OpenMeetings on the same server and using port 80 and 1395 as the only required ports.

Thanks,

George Kirkham

Posted by Jean-Marie Landri <je...@gmail.com>.
hello Sir,