Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Manfred Geiler <ma...@apache.org> on 2007/02/02 18:10:09 UTC

[VOTE] myfaces maven-project artifact 1.0.5

Please vote for the release of MyFaces artifact "maven-project" version 1.0.5!

You can find the release candidate here:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/myfaces/maven/branches/1_0_5
Revision 502632

Please note: The released "maven-project" artifact is the basis for
releasing "myfaces-shared" 2.0.5 and "myfaces-core" 1.1.5.

--Manfred

Re: [VOTE] myfaces maven-project artifact 1.0.5

Posted by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net>.
+1

Dennis Byrne

--
Dennis Byrne

Re: [VOTE] myfaces maven-project artifact 1.0.5

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Here is my

Posted by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net>.
Can someone send me a link to RCs then?

Dennis Byrne

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net>.

--
Dennis Byrne

Re: [VOTE] myfaces maven-project artifact 1.0.5

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
+1

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 2/3/07, Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I just followed our official release procedure that was established by
> Sean Schofield:
> http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/Release_Procedure
>
> Point 6 says: "Take a vote on the dev list (only PMC votes are
> binding). Vote is taken against a specific SVN revision number (not
> release candidate necessary)"
>
> Wendy, is this outdated? Maybe this procedure was established before
> the "people.apache.org/builds/myfaces/m2-staging-repository" did
> actually exist?

Yes, that needs to be changed.  Exact details are left up to the
projects themselves, but the general rule is that you build something,
then vote on it.

(I can't vote on something that doesn't exist, especially when in some
cases it needs to have passed the TCK first.)

> To get the core 1.1.5 release out as soon as possible I tend go on
> with this procedure. After the release is out we can start a
> discussion for a new procedure. Is that ok?

This particular vote thread only covers the 'maven' bits, right?
Those pieces are less complicated and are unlikely to have problems,
so I'm fine with going ahead and publishing them after this vote
finishes.

When you get to Core and Shared, though, I'd be very uncomfortable
with a vote on a svn revision.

--
Wendy

Re: [VOTE] myfaces maven-project artifact 1.0.5

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Matze,
You've got me!  :)
I'm a release manager newbie and I am learning by doing.  ;-)

I will fix this of course.

--Manfred

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
I think my vote is -1

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
Okay folks,

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dennis Byrne <de...@dbyrne.net>.

--
Dennis Byrne

Re: [VOTE] myfaces maven-project artifact 1.0.5

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
+1