Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Oscar Pernas <os...@pernas.es> on 2011/11/17 15:28:51 UTC

Java app hanging at createTemporaryQueue

Hi all,

I am using ActiveMQ with a Java application. My problem is if I shutdown
the broker, or if I remove the cable, when Java application reconnects, its
hangs in method createTemporaryQueue. I've looking for what could be the
lock of this method, but I only see that this method should throw an
exception. What could be the reason for the blocking? I've tested it with
different ActiveMQ versions (5.3.2, 5.5)

regards!

--
Óscar Pernas Plaza.

Re: Java app hanging at createTemporaryQueue

Posted by "Martin C." <ma...@gmx.at>.
Hi,

are you using failover-transport? If yes, you'll need to add a
"timeout" parameter to the connection URL, as the default behavior of
the failover transport is to wait indefinitely for a reconnect to the
broker. Please see
http://activemq.apache.org/failover-transport-reference.html for
further information.

Best regards,