Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com> on 2006/03/07 10:32:29 UTC

readonly entities no longer pass value back to backing bean?

Hi,

I discovered the recent nightly builds has stop sending values back to the
backing bean when readonly attribute is set to true. For example:

<t:inputText id="totalAmount" value="myBean.totalAmount" readonly="true" />

The totalAmount is meant to be a readonly textbox, whose value is calculated
via javascript.

Another example is inputCalendar, where the date should only be selected
from the popup window, and now key in directly:

<t:inputCalendar id="dateFrom" . readonly="true" />

I find that all of these entities will no longer pass the input box value to
the backing bean. I tested it with the build downloaded today and find it to
be so. I have a version downloaded around 10 Feb and that one was working
OK.

Is this a bug? Or is this a design change?

Thanks

Yee

[SPAM] Re: readonly entities no longer pass value back to backing bean?

Posted by Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>.
Sorry Martin - been overwhelmed with project deadline, so won't have time to
contribute anything in the near future. Hope somebody get this sorted out
soon.

I am thinking - there is a disabled property, and that is actually being
used in our usual 'readonly' sense. Then there is the readonly property,
which to me is meaningless and downright wrong in the context of
t:inputCalendar.

The situation is quite confusing really, and the crux of the matter being
that the behavior of html elements got mixed up with the behavior of JSF
components. It also affect other components like t:selectOneMenu and
t:selectBooleanCheckBox, although not as severely as t:inputCalendar

Does anybody has any suggestions on how to sort this out once and for all?

Regards,
Yee

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.

--
Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11

Re: readonly entities no longer pass value back to backing bean?

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

don`t know if this also meets your requirements, but you can set
disabledOnClientSide="true", the field will be disabled and you can be
sure that the values will be posted back to server.

But as far as i know, this attribute exists only on t:inputText.

--
Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11

[SPAM] Re: readonly entities no longer pass value back to backing bean?

Posted by Yee CN <ye...@streamyx.com>.
That's makes a lot of sense. But it is ARRAGH nevertheless - as I have quite
a lot of readonly textboxes that are passing back values. t:inputCalender is
one single major offender, there are also some javascirpt calculated values.

Is there an elegant solution for inputCalendar? I really what to force users
to select from the popup calendar. Maybe make inputCalendar a special case?

Thanks
Yee

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.