Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org> on 2022/03/19 16:25:10 UTC

[DISCUSS] Deprecating the OSX npm package

The deprecation of osx passed the vote and is now in progress [1]. I
would like to as you to have a look at the PRs announcing the
deprecation and would like to discuss if we want to make the osx NPM
deprecated [2].

Is there any reason to *NOT* adding the deprecation warning to NPM? If
we use NPMs deprecation feature we would not need to release another
release for just the message and the users would get a warning. We did
is for the wkweview plugin it seems:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/cordova-plugin-wkwebview-engine

I just wanted to mention this before I do something (possibly)
irreversible.

Please have a look at the PRs:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-osx/pull/118
https://github.com/apache/cordova-docs/pull/1235

Thank you for your help!

[1] https://github.com/apache/cordova/issues/322
[2] https://docs.npmjs.com/cli/v8/commands/npm-deprecate

Re: [DISCUSS] Deprecating the OSX npm package

Posted by Chris Brody <ch...@gmail.com>.
+1

I do have a super-minor nit that the #deprecation-notice part of the link
in the cordova-docs PR does not seem to have any effect. There seems to be
no deprecation-notice anchor in the updated readme in cordova-osx.

Posted by Niklas Merz <ni...@apache.org>.