Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Eric Reagan <re...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/24 20:29:16 UTC

Spring problems

I am trying to setup a spring application and I can't seam to get past a
NoWebApplicationContext found.

I have followed the online tutorials (and the example code from the 1.4.7
directory) and I am still not having any luck.

In my web.xml file I have

    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>servlet</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>applicationFactoryClassName</param-name>

<param-value>org.apache.wicket.spring.SpringWebApplicationFactory</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <context-param>
        <param-value>/WEB-INF/springContext.xml</param-value>
    </context-param>

in my springContext.xml file I have
   <bead id="wicketApp" class="pathToMyApplication" />

and in my WebApplication file I have the generic default constructor

init()
        getDebugSettings().setDevelopmentUtilitiesEnabled(true);
        addComponentInstantiationListener(new
SpringComponentInjector(this));

Is there something I am missing in setting up Wicket and Spring?

thank you for the help.
--
Eric Reagan

Re: Spring problems

Posted by James Carman <jc...@carmanconsulting.com>.
If you want an example that works out-of-the-box, check out:

http://svn.carmanconsulting.com/public/wicket-advanced/trunk

Re: Spring problems

Posted by Martin Phee <mp...@objectivearts.com>.
The SpringWebApplicationFactory is the to create the WebApplicaiton.
You still need to setup spring properly.

  <context-param>
         <param-value>
             classpath:spring-annotation.xml
             classpath:spring-hibernate.xml
             classpath:spring-resources.xml
             classpath:spring-security.xml
             classpath:spring-mail.xml
         </param-value>
     </context-param>

     <listener>
         <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
</listener-class>
     </listener>
     <listener>
         <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.request.RequestContextListener
</listener-class>
     </listener>