Posted to dev@archiva.apache.org by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> on 2012/11/24 18:54:07 UTC

UserManager Impl choice via UI and ldap configuration

Hi Folks,
I have recently changed some stuff to be able to dynamically change
userManager impl used tru the UI (jdo or ldap) (see [1]). (and it
works :-) ).

Note this means user.manager.impl property from security.properties is
not used anymore.
I wonder if this property if here must win ?

Furthermore, I'd like to improve a bit ldap configuration and add
screens to configure dynamically (ldap server host/port, basedn
etc...) (maybe ldap mapper too).
In fact all content detailled here [2] must be configurable with the UI.

Makes sense ?
BTW more generally I wonder if we must continue read configuration
from security.properties ? (too ease my hack I would say no :-) )

WDYT ?

Olivier Lamy
Talend: http://coders.talend.com
[1] http://archiva.apache.org/docs/1.4-M4-SNAPSHOT/adminguide/runtime-configuration.html
[2]http://archiva.apache.org/redback/integration/ldap.html

Re: UserManager Impl choice via UI and ldap configuration

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/11/25 Maria Odea Ching-Mallete <od...@gmail.com>:
> On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>> I have recently changed some stuff to be able to dynamically change
>> userManager impl used tru the UI (jdo or ldap) (see [1]). (and it
>> works :-) ).
>>

> Cool, I'll give it a spin :)
>

>> Note this means user.manager.impl property from security.properties is
>> not used anymore.
>> I wonder if this property if here must win ?
>>
>> Furthermore, I'd like to improve a bit ldap configuration and add
>> screens to configure dynamically (ldap server host/port, basedn
>> etc...) (maybe ldap mapper too).
>> In fact all content detailled here [2] must be configurable with the UI.
>>
>> Makes sense ?
>>

> If the user switches the user manager impl during runtime, is the user
> required to restart Archiva? Or will it be reloaded automatically?

no restart needed !

Posted by Maria Odea Ching-Mallete <od...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Nov 25, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I have recently changed some stuff to be able to dynamically change
> userManager impl used tru the UI (jdo or ldap) (see [1]). (and it
> works :-) ).

Cool, I'll give it a spin :)

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/12/14 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
> 2012/12/14 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
>> 2012/12/14 Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>:
>>> Hi Olivier,

>>> thanks a lot. A gave it a try yesterday evening and it already looks
>>> really nice. I noticed a little thing: The ldap.config.bind.dn isn't
>>> exposed in the GUI
>> uhm sure ? :-)
> Ok I see I will fix that !
> Thanks for reporting !

fixed will be here
https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Archiva/job/archiva-all-maven-3.x-jdk-1.6/
build >= #1762

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/12/14 Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>:
> 2012/12/14 Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi Olivier,
>>
>> Am 13.12.2012 10:02, schrieb Olivier Lamy:
>>> fixed.
>>> You can test builds from here:
>>> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Archiva/job/archiva-all-maven-3.x-jdk-1.6/
>>> build >= #1749
>>>
>>> I still need some ui magnify to add but it works :-)
>>
>> thanks a lot. A gave it a try yesterday evening and it already looks
>> really nice. I noticed a little thing: The ldap.config.bind.dn isn't
>> exposed in the GUI
> uhm sure ? :-)
Ok I see I will fix that !
Thanks for reporting !

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/12/14 Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> Am 13.12.2012 10:02, schrieb Olivier Lamy:
>> fixed.
>> You can test builds from here:
>> https://builds.apache.org/view/A-F/view/Archiva/job/archiva-all-maven-3.x-jdk-1.6/
>> build >= #1749
>>
>> I still need some ui magnify to add but it works :-)
>
> thanks a lot. A gave it a try yesterday evening and it already looks
> really nice. I noticed a little thing: The ldap.config.bind.dn isn't
> exposed in the GUI
uhm sure ? :-)

Posted by Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
fixed.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
2012/12/3 Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Am 03.12.2012 12:01, schrieb Olivier Lamy:
>> 2012/12/3 Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>:
>>> I'm not sure if this falls into the same parts you're working on, but
>>> any chance that JDO could be the "fallback" auth, if LDAP doesn't work?
>>> The main use-case here is to have some "technical" users which are not
>>> in LDAP (e.g. a Jenkins) and one "last-resort" admin, to log in, if you
>>> mess up your LDAP ;)
>>
>> oh I have this idea too :-)
>> But this need *a lot of changes*
>> I can start with this dynamic change first.
>> Then have a look at this other feature. (can you raise a jira for that ?)
>
> Jira: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MRM-1721
Thanks.

Posted by Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sascha Vogt <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Olivier,

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 25/11/2012, at 4:54 AM, Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
> I have recently changed some stuff to be able to dynamically change
> userManager impl used tru the UI (jdo or ldap) (see [1]). (and it
> works :-) ).

Cool!