Posted to dev@logging.apache.org by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org> on 2021/06/02 01:58:04 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Chainsaw 2.1.0

This vote is to release Apache Chainsaw 2.1.0.  This fixes a few
annoying issues with chainsaw and some other bugs, as well as updating
some dependencies.

Please download, test, and cast your votes on the log4j developers list.
[] +1, release the artifacts
[] -1, don't release because...

This vote will remain open for 72 hours(or more if required).

All votes are welcome and we encourage everyone to test the release,
but only Logging PMC votes are “officially” counted. As always, at
least 3 +1 votes and more positive than negative votes are required.

Tag:
For a new copy do "git clone
https://github.com/apache/logging-chainsaw.git" and then "git checkout
tags/apache-chainsaw-2.1.0-RC1"

Web site: https://logging.staged.apache.org/chainsaw/2.1.0/

Distribution archives: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/logging/chainsaw/

-Robert Middleton

Re: [DISCUSS] [VOTE] Release Apache Chainsaw 2.1.0

Posted by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org>.
I'm working on that now.  I'm just fixing the copyright date in the
NOTICE file and making sure that the sign-artifacts will sign the
source archive, so just a few minor changes.

-Robert Middleton

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Chainsaw 2.1.0

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.

Posted by Robert Middleton <rm...@apache.org>.
I was just going off of what was in the SVN develop repo before -
there wasn't a sources file in there, so I didn't add one.  That being
said, the only thing that is generated at the moment is a sources.jar
with the sources, but that's probably not the correct thing to do for
the sources.  It looks like we might be missing something in the POM?
The current directions for releasing make no mention of the sources,
and the sign-artifacts.sh doesn't seem to attempt to sign the sources
either.

-Robert Middleton

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.