Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by gonzalomp87 <go...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/22 04:23:00 UTC

Tapestry thumbnail gallery

I'm trying to make a kind of gallery with thumbnails. Just show them.

I try it with a grid,but do not know how to display multiple images per row.

I do not know if there is a component for this.

Re: Tapestry thumbnail gallery

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.
This isn't really what the grid was designed to do. The grid component is
designed to show a table of data with column headings. CSS purists will
often tell you that html tables should not be used for layout purposes and
that you should use div's (or ul's) and CSS for displaying visual components
in a grid formation. This is a topic for debate and I'm not trying to start
a flame war here ;)

Tapestry-jquery has a couple of gallery components
http://tapestry5-jquery.com/components/docscarouselpage
http://tapestry5-jquery.com/components/docscolorboxgallery

There's also loads of javascript libraries out there for scrolling through
thumbnails which wouldn't be hard to integrate with tapestry
(http://www.stunningmesh.com/2010/11/100-jquery-plugins-for-image-galleries-with-source-files)

You could also roll-your-own html table using two nested <t:loop />
components. This would require you to implement your own paging logic
though.

If you still want to hack the grid component, I'm sure it can be done by
hiding the header rows and rolling your own BeanModel and overriding the
cell rendering to display images. I just think there are better ways of
doing this.