Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/09 18:56:58 UTC

Proton 0.16.1 vs 0.17.0 [WAS: [Proton 0.16.0] [Solaris] Unit tests...]

On 9 January 2017 at 16:59, Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2017-01-05 at 08:35 +0000, Adel Boutros wrote:
<snip/>

>> Would it be possible to consider a 0.16.1 release in that case if
>> 0.17.0 is a bit far from being released?
>
> Sounds reasonable to me.

I'd personally prefer to avoid doing any 0.16.x releases, since 0.16.0
is now tagged in two separate repositories (qpid-proton and
qpid-proton-j) given that the process of making the two independent is
well underway.

I'd prefer to do independent 0.17.0 releases from each repository once
they are ready for it, to solidify the process. For the qpid-proton
repo, I'd consdier that point to be real soon, once people get a
chance to vet the changes I've made in scrubbing proton-j from it
going forward, and add any further changes needed on top (or even undo
certain changes if needed).

Robbie