Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/09/24 10:43:48 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "Proxy server can NOT get images" on Solaris 2.x (fwd)

----- Forwarded message from Q@archive.org -----

From: Q@archive.org
To: apache-bugs%apache.org@organic.com
Date: Mon Sep 23 14:35:59 1996
Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "Proxy server can NOT get images" on Solaris 2.x

Submitter: Q@archive.org
Operating system: Solaris 2.x, version:
Version of Apache Used: 1.1.1
Extra Modules used: mod_proxy
URL exhibiting problem: [Any URL that is an image or contains an inline image in it]

Symptoms:
--
I sent a report last week and have not heard
back from Apache.  As a proxy server, inline

Instead, I get the Netscape error message:
"! Document contains no data".  If I don't use
the Apache proxy server (I'm not behind a
firewall) I get the images/URLs just fine.

This is frustrating and I will work with you in
any way to assist you (be it over the phone,
debuggging, watching URLs passed in the
mod_proxy.c code).  I have posted to the
related web-server-unix newsgroup and have had
no replies.

Please help!!

With sincere regards,
-Q