Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/12/06 20:54:33 UTC

[Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Trivial Update of "Hbase/FAQ" by stack

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by stack:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/FAQ

The comment on the change is:
file handles

  Either add the following line to your log4j.properties file -- ''log4j.logger.org.apache.hadoop.hbase=DEBUG'' -- and restart your cluster or, if running a post-0.15.x version, you can set DEBUG via the UI by clicking on the 'Log Level' link.

+ '''5. [#5 Why do I see "java.io.IOException...(Too many open files)" in my logs?]'''
+
+ Running an Hbase loaded w/ more than a few regions, its possible to blow past the environment file handle limit for the user running the process.  Running out of file handles is like an OOME, things start to fail in strange ways.  To up the users' file handles, edit '''/etc/security/limits.conf''' on all nodes and restart your cluster.
+