Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Wright - NOAA Affiliate <da...@noaa.gov> on 2017/08/11 16:01:37 UTC

[users@httpd] Disable Autoindex module

Dear Experts

Hi I am new to Apache configuration. I have been tasked to set up a
Development and Production Apache Server running on RHEL to run a Drupal
website.
I now have it up and working but now I have to secure the server we use
NESSUS vulnerability scanner to to find vulnerability's in the server.
One of the scans came up with this

1.2.5 Disable Autoindex module
Info
The Apache autoindex module automatically generates web page listing the
contents of directories on the server, typically used so that an index.html
does not have to be generated.
Solution
Perform the following to determine if the module is enabled. Run the httpd
server with the -M option to list enabled modules:
# httpd -M | grep autoindex_module

The module is there but if I go into the etc/httpd/conf.modules.d folder i
find
00-base.conf when i edit this file I can go in and disable the auto index
module. But when i restart Apache it fails Any one no why this happens? Am
i disabling the module correctly?

Any help would be great thanks in adavance
David

Running Red Hat 7 and Apache 2.4

--
David Wright

Re: [users@httpd] Disable Autoindex module

Posted by David Wright - NOAA Affiliate <da...@noaa.gov>.
Thanks for your help I managed to solve it I had to comment out
 #IndexOptions FancyIndexing HTMLTable VersionSort
plus a load of AddIcon

Seems to work OK now
Thanks Again

--