Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Brad Curfman <br...@curfman.net> on 2015/05/27 18:23:15 UTC

Feature request for line chart to set whether plotted lines are smooth

By default, a line chart generated by the XSSF charting API uses smoothed
lines when plotting points. I have an application that needs to generate a
line chart but the lines cannot be smooth. The ability to set this option
has not been built into the XSSF charting API yet, so I was hoping someone
could point me in the right direction on how to modify the POI source to
default the smooth value to 0.

The generated xlsx file does not have a smooth attribute for each data
series, so Excel assumes it to be 1. I need to set the following property
within the <c:ser> block for each data series to be 0 when the xlsx is
generated.
                <c:smooth val="0"/>

Can someone point me to which source file needs to be updated? Or can this
be added as the default and have an API exposed to set this option? I can
submit a patch after I generate my own version of the jar to test it out.

Thanks.

Re: Feature request for line chart to set whether plotted lines are smooth

Posted by Martin Andersson <ma...@purplescout.se>.
Exposing this option in the poi-api would be really nice!

Looking in the *ChartSeries classes and interfaces would be a good way to
start.

Changing the default would break stuff for people depending on the current
default.

Good luck!

--
Hälsningar,