Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Nikhil Bonte <ni...@vnnogile.in> on 2016/11/09 13:04:18 UTC

Bill of Materials for batch size

Hello all,

I am dealing with Bill of Materials in Manufacturing.

While creating bill of materials for a product, is there any way to set
component product quantity to batch of a product?

Let me explain:
I have a recipe to prepare a batch of item "ABC" which is a food item,
measured in WT_kg, e.g 5 Kg of item "ABC".
So, I have quantities of components for batch(5 Kg) of item "ABC" and
not for 1 Kg.
What I am doing is, dividing quantities of components by batch size(5
Kg) & creating bill of materials . After this I create a production run
for item "ABC" with quantity as 5 Kg.

It is very time consuming process for me as I have big count of recipes.
Is there any way to reduce my efforts?

Nikhil Bonte.
vnnogile Solutions Private Limited

Re: Bill of Materials for batch size

Posted by james yong <i_...@yahoo.com.sg>.
Hi Nikhil,

Customisation is required in order to support process manufacturing.
Basically, you will need to have a new entity/table to store the batch
quantity for a BOM, and work through the manufacturing process to fit the
requirements.

Regards,
James

Nikhil Bonte wrote

Posted by Ratnesh Upadhyay <up...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nikhil,

I think the BoM configuration could be created based on standard ratio for
each component you generally follow for preparing the item 'ABC'
irrespective of batch size.

Instead the batch size could be dynamic and always set over Production run
under 'Qty to Produce' where it would project the component level
requirement using BoM configuration.

For your example, say as per your standard recipe if we set BoM such that
1Kg of ABC requires 0.6Kg of X , 0.2Kg of Y, 0.2 Kg of Z. Then you can
create production run for preparing 5Kg (or whatever different batch size)
of ABC and above set BoM configuration would be used to project the actual
component requirements i.e. 3Kgs of X, 1 Kg of Y and 1 Kg of Z in this case
to complete the batch production.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay
HotWax Systems | www.hotwaxsystems.com

On Wed, Nov 9, 2016 at 6:34 PM, Nikhil Bonte <ni...@vnnogile.in>
wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I am dealing with Bill of Materials in Manufacturing.
>
> While creating bill of materials for a product, is there any way to set
> component product quantity to batch of a product?
>
> Let me explain:
> I have a recipe to prepare a batch of item "ABC" which is a food item,
> measured in WT_kg, e.g 5 Kg of item "ABC".
> So, I have quantities of components for batch(5 Kg) of item "ABC" and not
> for 1 Kg.
> What I am doing is, dividing quantities of components by batch size(5 Kg)
> & creating bill of materials . After this I create a production run for
> item "ABC" with quantity as 5 Kg.
>
> It is very time consuming process for me as I have big count of recipes.
> Is there any way to reduce my efforts?
>
> --
> Regards,
> Nikhil Bonte.
> vnnogile Solutions Private Limited

Cheers,
Thanks and Regards,
Ratnesh Upadhyay
Senior Business Analyst (Enterprise Software Solutions)
HotWax Media, Inc.
http://www.hotwaxmedia.com
E-mail : ratnesh.upadhyay@hotwaxmedia.com
Mobile : +919826886909