Posted to users@maven.apache.org by to...@gi-de.com on 2010/08/06 14:23:50 UTC

parallel execution of (test) modules

Hi,

we have a lot of independent "integration tests", based on testNG -
separated in different modules:

TS_01_aaaa\pom.xml
TS_02_bbbb\pom.xml
TS_03_cccc\pom.xml

During developing phase, each module is executed by dedicated developers
so each one just focuses on his own module.
During release phase, I want to execute all tests and get an aggregated
test-results view.

Executing them sequentially, for example in a multi-module build won´t
work,
because the build will break at the moment the first integration-test
module fails.
Further, the execution time of some test modules is about some hours - so
I need to execute them parallel.

=> How can I execute those modules in parallel and get an aggregated view?

Thanx, Torsten

Re: parallel execution of (test) modules

Posted by Kristian Rosenvold <kr...@gmail.com>.
It sounds  like the maven3 parallel build feature would help
you out on this,
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Parallel+builds+in
+Maven+3.

There is also the -fae option that could be used to proceed even with
failing tests, which also works for serial builds.

As for the aggregation I'm not sure, but I'm sure something could parse
the report files under target/surefire-reports.

Kristian