Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Mike Billman <mi...@qcsoftware.com> on 2019/04/29 17:58:48 UTC

kotlin support

I was curious what kind of kotlin support currently exists for netbeans.

Mike Billman
Senior Software Engineer
CPTE

[qclogo]

11800 Conrey Rd
Suite 150
Cincinnati, OH 45249

T +1 513 469 1424
E mikebillman@qcsoftware.com<ma...@qcsoftware.com>
F +1 513 469 1425

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well, I was reading

https://github.com/JetBrains/kotlin-netbeans/issues/122

I was a bit surprised that we had not asked them about donating that
code. I can ask a few people there, though I have no real connection to
the JetBrains.

Also I could test how this stuff can be integrated into the NetBeans
codebase.

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Mario Schroeder <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yes, maintain as well.

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Tushar Joshi <tu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

My current project at work is developed in Kotlin and hence I will be
closely working with Kotlin.
Please count me in for development and refinement of the Kotlin plugin for
NetBeans.

Let us start a Kotlin channel on our Slack space so we can collaborate for
quick things, major points will be communicated through this mailing list
as usual.
I will watch this thread for formation of a possible team working on the
Kotlin plugin.

with regards
    Tushar

Tushar Joshi, Nagpur: http://www.tusharjoshi.com

* MCSD_NET C#, SCJP, RHCE, ZCE, PMP, CSM, SAFe, PRINCE2

* Senior Architect @ Persistent Systems http://www.persistent.com
* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/tusharvjoshi

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Mario Schroeder <ma...@gmail.com>.
Count me in as a supporter.

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
https://github.com/JetBrains/kotlin-netbeans/issues/137

Gj

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Antonio Vieiro <an...@vieiro.net>.
I’d suggest asking them first. After all we’re polite guys...

AW: kotlin support

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Wise words!

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Well, actually the JetBrains plugin is Open Source, even Apache 2.0

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi,

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Re: kotlin support

Posted by Antonio <an...@vieiro.net>.
Hi all,

RE: kotlin support

Posted by Mike Billman <mi...@qcsoftware.com>.
Thanks, all.  Just some talk at work about using kotlin and as an NB user, wanted to know how that might impact me.

Mike

not that much. You can try the official, not maintained Plugin from JetBrains. Thats it. With textmate and a fix, hopefully in the next release, we will have only simple syntax highlighting. With LSP, we can add the Kotlin LS Server and try to play with it.

Cheers

Chris

AW: kotlin support

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.