Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Jeremy Quinn <sh...@mac.com> on 2003/08/12 12:09:02 UTC

[OT] java[script]doc

Hi All,

Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the javadoc tool for
JavaScript files?

I'd love to pump out nice html docs for my commented flowscripts ;)

Thanks for any suggestions ....

regards Jeremy

Re: [OT] java[script]doc

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Wednesday, August 13, 2003, at 01:23 AM, Bruce Chapman wrote:

> The Rhino javascript engine has an example script which might do what
> you
> want.
>
> http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/js/rhino/examples/jsdoc.js

Thanks for the pointer !!!

regards Jeremy

RE: [OT] java[script]doc

Posted by Bruce Chapman <bc...@nec.co.nz>.
The Rhino javascript engine has an example script which might do what you
want.

http://lxr.mozilla.org/mozilla/source/js/rhino/examples/jsdoc.js

regards

Bruce

Re: cocoon-based website needs search engine functionality

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@anyware-tech.com>.
Frederic wrote:

>Hi everyone,
>
>I'm urgently looking for someone who has experience with building cocoon apps and integrating search functionality to incorporate search functionality into a website counting 500 pages, of which some 150 are also available as pdf and Word docs.
>
>People who are able to incorporate Lucene (open to different products if I can be convinced of its advantages) into Cocoon websites, please inform me about your price and delivery date.

Do you know that Lucene is *already* incorporated into Cocoon ? Or do
you have special needs regarding indexing non-cocoon generated documents
(the pdf and word docs mentioned above) ?

Sylvain

cocoon-based website needs search engine functionality

Posted by Frederic <ro...@tiscali.be>.
Hi everyone,

I'm urgently looking for someone who has experience with building cocoon
apps and

integrating search functionality to incorporate search functionality into a

website counting 500 pages, of which some 150 are also available as pdf and

Word docs.

People who are able to incorporate Lucene (open to different products if I

can be convinced of its advantages) into Cocoon websites, please inform me

about your price and delivery date.

You can contact me directly at rofre@swing.be.

Greetings from Frederic

Re: [OT] java[script]doc

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.
Le Mardi, 12 aoû 2003, à 15:29 Europe/Zurich, Jeremy Quinn a écrit :
> I will have a look at qdox ..... unfortunately, I always found the
> Chaperon grammar impenetrable ;)

It is not the most readable thing, I agree ;-)

OTOH slop + PatternProcessor + some XSLT look like a powerful and
simple combination for light parsing.

-Bertrand

Re: [OT] java[script]doc

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003, Jeremy Quinn wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 12:36 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
>
> > Le Mardi, 12 aoû 2003, à 12:09 Europe/Zurich, Jeremy Quinn a écrit :
> >
> >> Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the javadoc tool for
> >> JavaScript files?
> >
> > Did you try the qdox block?
> > I have no idea if it would work, dunno how strict it is about java
> > syntax, but it might be worth a try.
> >
> > Alternatives would be the Chaperon parser (with your own grammar), or
> > something based on the slop block and the PatternTransformer.
> >
> > -Bertrand
> >

> Thanks for your suggestions Bertrand.
>
> I will have a look at qdox ..... unfortunately, I always found the
> Chaperon grammar impenetrable ;)

I think you mean the XML presentation, then I must admit that this
should only be machine readable, not for editing by hand. (IHMO
almost every XML schema is unsuitable for editing by hand). This
is the reason why I offer text grammar format, which is nearly
equal to BNF.

But if not happy with format, then I curious for the reason. Without input
I can't make things better ;-)

Stephan.

Re: [OT] java[script]doc

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Tuesday, August 12, 2003, at 12:36 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> Le Mardi, 12 aoû 2003, à 12:09 Europe/Zurich, Jeremy Quinn a écrit :
>
>> Does anyone know if there is an equivalent to the javadoc tool for
>> JavaScript files?
>
> Did you try the qdox block?
> I have no idea if it would work, dunno how strict it is about java
> syntax, but it might be worth a try.
>
> Alternatives would be the Chaperon parser (with your own grammar), or
> something based on the slop block and the PatternTransformer.
>
> -Bertrand

Thanks for your suggestions Bertrand.

I will have a look at qdox ..... unfortunately, I always found the
Chaperon grammar impenetrable ;)

There is a javascriptdocs project on SF, but it looks dead .....

regards Jeremy

Re: [OT] java[script]doc

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@codeconsult.ch>.