Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jonathan Vanasco <mo...@2xlp.com> on 2006/06/17 07:25:25 UTC

ssl functions ?

this is a longshot...

i need to generate rsa pairs in my mod-perl app

i tried the cpan modules, and they're all slowslowslow

so then i thought 'ok, i'll just pipe to openssl'.  that works.

but then i'm out the door just now to get a drink and play some buck
hunt and i think-

	shit.  could i access the ssl stuff through apache?
	could i compile apache with ssl support, then just access those
internal functions through modperl ?

its a longshot, but i figured it would save me a ton of overhead if
the implementation is already there

anyone know if i'm onto something or have the expertise with the
modssl / mp core code to know that i'm waaay waaay off?