Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Greenhorn Techie <gr...@gmail.com> on 2017/01/03 23:07:12 UTC

MirrorMaker - Topics Identification and Replication

Hi,

I am new to Kafka and as well as MirrorMaker. So wondering whether MM would
pick-up new topics that are created on the source cluster automatically,
provided topic matches the while list pattern?

For example, if I start MM as below, would it replicate any new topics that
are created after the MM process is launched?

kafka-mirror-maker.sh --new.consumer --consumer.config /opt/kafka/config/
consumer.properties --producer.config /opt/kafka/config/producer.properties
--whitelist ".*"

Or is there a need to restart MM process when a new topic / pattern is
started on the source cluster?

What should be the recommended approach in regards to this?

Thanks

Re: MirrorMaker - Topics Identification and Replication

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.
That all sounds right!

Usually the delay for picking up the metadata update and starting to
replicate the topic won't be an issue since it's a one-time issue (around
topic creation) and the time window is pretty small for that. In steady
state, none of the mentioned delays would apply.

-Ewen

Posted by Greenhorn Techie <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ewen Cheslack-Postava <ew...@confluent.io>.