Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID> on 2017/04/07 00:58:35 UTC

Python build artifacts seem to be misconfigured

Hi all,

It appears that the Python build process creates quite a few files that are
not accounted for in our .gitignore and that also trip the RAT check next
time around. These should be set up so that RAT and git both ignore the
files.

It is possible that others have defaults that differ from mine, but
droppings from a recent `mvn verify` include:

sdks/python/apache_beam/coders/coder_impl.c
sdks/python/apache_beam/coders/coder_impl.so
sdks/python/apache_beam/coders/stream.c
sdks/python/apache_beam/coders/stream.so
sdks/python/apache_beam/metrics/execution.c
sdks/python/apache_beam/metrics/execution.so
sdks/python/apache_beam/runners/common.c
sdks/python/apache_beam/runners/common.so
sdks/python/apache_beam/transforms/cy_combiners.c
sdks/python/apache_beam/transforms/cy_combiners.so
sdks/python/apache_beam/utils/counters.c
sdks/python/apache_beam/utils/counters.so
sdks/python/apache_beam/utils/windowed_value.c
sdks/python/apache_beam/utils/windowed_value.so
sdks/python/nose-1.3.7-py2.7.egg/

Can someone who knows the Python SDK build process rectify?

Kenn

Re: Python build artifacts seem to be misconfigured

Posted by Sergio Fernández <wi...@apache.org>.
Maybe we have to push-up the configurations the Maven build does

https://github.com/apache/beam/blob/master/sdks/python/pom.xml#L35

to the main Python build, so it stays the same whatever is invoked.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Davor Bonaci <da...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ahmet Altay <al...@google.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com.INVALID>.