Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/29 11:28:48 UTC

Need help in updating metadata of an existing column family

Hi,

I have an existing column family that is created with comparator BytesType.
I want to add a built-in index to this column family and I am executing the
following command using CLI:

update column family MyCF with comparator=BytesType and
column_metadata=[{column_name: userid, validation_class: UTF8Type,
index_type: KEYS, index_name: ACUserIdIdx}];

However the column metadata that actually gets added has the column name *
"fffffd"* and not *"userid".*

>From a previous thread, I have understood that in this case Cassandra
treats the column name I have given as bytes (due to comparator BytesType),
and hence comes up with a different name.

*Any workaround solution for creating the column metadata with the correct
column name?*

Roshan
http://roshandawrani.wordpress.com/

Re: Need help in updating metadata of an existing column family

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.
Is it possible to update the column-metadata of a column family definition
programmatically? If yes, can someone please point me to the right classes
to use?

Thanks.

Posted by Romain HARDOUIN <ro...@urssaf.fr>.
Hi Roshan,