Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by "Fulbright, Scott" <Sc...@baylor.edu> on 2003/06/24 20:24:25 UTC

Users & Roles in JSTL

  I am trying to optionally insert content if a user has a specific
role.  I am currently developing an application using JSTL & Struts.
I would really like a construction similar to:

    <!-- This is Struts -->
    <logic:present role="Admin">
    <!-- Optional content -->
    </logic:present>

But I would much prefer using a JSTL tag to do this.  I have
attempted several different ways of doing this, but have been unable
to locate a JSTL construction that performs the same function.  I am relatively
new to these two technologies, and would appreciate any pointers that
more experienced developers can give me.  Ideally, I would like a JSTL
statement analogous to the above code fragment.

  Scott Fulbright