Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Aspi D. Engineer" <ae...@genuity.com> on 2001/04/04 19:35:21 UTC

HELP - Class not found: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

Hi,

I am unable to solve this for a long time now. I am trying to run the sample
program "sax.SAXCount" and keep getting the following error:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:191)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:314)
        at
org.xml.sax.helpers.ParserFactory.makeParser(ParserFactory.java:129)
        at sax.SAXCount.print(SAXCount.java:128)
        at sax.SAXCount.main(SAXCount.java, Compiled Code)

Al that I have done so far is install xerces-1.3.1. Like the documentation
on the Apache site says (http://xml.apache.org/xerces-j/domcount.html), I
have created a batch file as follows:

cd c:\aspi\dnload\xerces-1_3_1
java -cp
c:\aspi\dnload\xerces-1_3_1;c:\aspi\dnload\xerces-1_3_1\xerces.jar;c:\aspi\d
nload\xerces-1_3_1\xercesSamples.jar  sax.SAXCount data/personal.xml

Note that Xerces is installed in "c:\aspi\dnload\xerces-1_3_1"

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG? I know its something stupid.

Thanks
Aspi Engineer
aenginee@genuity.com

RE: HELP - Class not found: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

Posted by Ragunath Marudhachalam <rm...@circuitvision.com>.
Try importing all the packages in the xerces.jar...

RE: HELP - Class not found: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser

Posted by "Aspi D. Engineer" <ae...@genuity.com>.

This is a stand alone application running on Win NT. Its the official Apache
sample program that I am trying to execute, with no changes at all. This is
not code that I have written. Additionally, my CLASSPATH is set to only
include the two JAR files that were created as a part of the xerces-1_3_1
install (xerces.jar & xercesSamples.jar)

Beyond extracting the downloaded zip file and setting the classpath, is
there any other configuration setting that I should be making?

Thanks
Aspi Engineer