Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Wolfgang Werner <ww...@picturesafe.de> on 2000/12/08 10:10:40 UTC

AW: CVS ANT task...login problem

Hi Jon,

we are using the cvs target in an automated build process, so I'm sure it is
working. However, I've never tested the CVS command without prior checkout,
this means, I'm always working on an already checked out version and issuing
only 'update' commands.

Maybe this helps,

Wolfgang
Posted by Max Nalsky <ma...@mccme.ru>.
Jon,

We're using ant for autobuild process also and once we faced the same
problem. The matter is that cvs suppose to have kind of "homedir" - a
directory where it checks out its files. The file .cvspass with
latest authorization is kept there. If you use "cvs login" in one dir
and then do "cvs checkout" in another - cvs gets confused since it cannot
see .cvspass file. HOMEDRIVE system variable (NT) is also somehow used to
determine where to place .cvspass.

I see two possible solutions:

1) Run "cvs login" in build.xml file. In this case you need to type
password from the console which is not good for automated build
process.

2) Run a script that does the following:

- cvs login
- cvs co
- ant build
- cvs logout

In our company we switched to the second scheme since we faced more
problems and decided this option to suite us better.

Hope that helps,
Max