Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by br...@draftlondon.com on 2002/11/04 16:28:19 UTC

RE: Postgres problem with adding/retrieving users

Hi,

I've experienced a similar problem as described below - When trying to add
a new user I get:

com.workingdogs.village.DataSetException: Bad
conversion:java.lang.NumberFormatException:
...etc.

I've tried changing the Torque schema (security-schema.xml on my version)
but BYTEA returns an error on build - its not a permitted value in the dtd

http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/dtd/database.dtd

is it the Torque schema or the database sql code in
src/sql/external/turbine-postgresql.sql that you change to BYTEA?

I've seen others with this problem on the list. Any other sugestions?

Thanks,

Brendan Richards

ps. Big thanks to Stephen Jackson for getting me this far!