Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by acorona <ac...@objectwave.com> on 2009/07/03 20:27:15 UTC

Unable to start servicemix 3.3.1

I just downloaded servicemix 3.3.1 and executed <servicemix
home>/bin/servicemix
After this I got the message "was unexpected at this time"

I tried this with JDK 1.5 and 1.6 on Windows Vista.

I tried looking for clues to the problem but there are no log files.

Thanks

Re: Unable to start servicemix 3.3.1

Posted by aztec72 <ac...@objectwave.com>.

aztec72 wrote:

> I just downloaded servicemix 3.3.1 and executed <servicemix
> home>/bin/servicemix
> After this I got the message "was unexpected at this time"
>
> I tried this with JDK 1.5 and 1.6 on Windows Vista.
>
> I tried looking for clues to the problem but there are no log files.
>
> Thanks

OK, I figured this out. The problem was that my Java installation was under
Windows Program Files folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.5.0_18) and
it seems servicemix has a problem dealing with this complex paths. So I
tried moving this to just c:\jdk1.5.0_18 and updated my JAVA_HOME
environment variable to point to new folder and now it works.