Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/25 16:42:58 UTC

Copying Files to people.apache.org

How the heck do people copy files over the files that are already there?

scp just gives me permission denied unless I go in and remove files
first. That is majorly  annoying, especially when a bunch of files in
the images/skins folders have changed. How are people doing this?

--
- Mark

http://www.lucidimagination.com

Re: Copying Files to people.apache.org

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
On Sep 25, 2009, at 11:37 AM, Mark Miller wrote:

> Yonik Seeley wrote:
>> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Mark Miller
>> <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> scp -r path markrmiller@people.apache.org:/path
>>>

>> IIRC, In the past, we updated the site by logging onto
>> people.apache.org and doing an "svn up"
>> But I think someone automated the checkout at some point so int runs
>> periodically now?

Yes, but for releases I think it makes sense to svn up by hand.  See
the Wiki for how to update the website.

> Yeah, I think Grant has a script that does it every night - but the
> release-to-do also says to copy them manually (perhaps to get it going
> faster?)

Just make sure the svn capability is still there.

Re: Copying Files to people.apache.org

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.
Yonik Seeley wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> scp -r path markrmiller@people.apache.org:/path
>>

> IIRC, In the past, we updated the site by logging onto
> people.apache.org and doing an "svn up"
> But I think someone automated the checkout at some point so int runs
> periodically now?
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

Yeah, I think Grant has a script that does it every night - but the
release-to-do also says to copy them manually (perhaps to get it going
faster?)

I'm waiting for it all to be "picked up" by Apache's servers now.

The top level page has the announce, and the binaries are out, but
lucene/java page still doesn't have the announce, and the changes files
have not yet "taken".

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.