Posted to dev@openjpa.apache.org by Pinaki Poddar <pp...@apache.org> on 2009/10/01 16:15:20 UTC

Undocumented configurable properties

Hi All,
Running a small test program shows that following properties (list is
appended at the end of this message) are not documented in DocBook XML
though they are returned by
OpenJPAEntityManagerFactory.getSupportedProperties().

Please update the doc ./openjpa-project/src/doc/manual/ref_guide_conf.xml to
add the description for the property you "own". I will add a test to verify
that there is no undocumented property before milestone release.

If you as a "owner" think that the property should not be exposed (e.g. it
is for internal usage only), let me know. Because, in that case I will like
to add some mechanics to suppress their output in
OpenJPAEntityManagerFactory.getSupportedProperties().

------ List of undocumented properties ------------------------
openjpa.AggregateListeners
openjpa.CacheMarshallers
openjpa.DataCacheMode
openjpa.EntityManagerFactory
openjpa.FilterListeners
openjpa.LifecycleEventManager
openjpa.MetaDataRepository
openjpa.RefreshFromDataCache
openjpa.Validator
openjpa.WriteBehindCache
openjpa.WriteBehindCacheManager
openjpa.WriteBehindCallback
openjpa.jdbc.FinderCache

-----
Pinaki

Re: Undocumented configurable properties

Posted by Jeremy Bauer <te...@gmail.com>.
I agree.  While the validator implementation is pluggable, the property
should remain private for now.

-Jeremy

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.