Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Eric Roberts <er...@tacc.utexas.edu> on 2002/06/19 22:34:46 UTC

WSDL2Java

I am trying to use a jws file to create a wsdl file and then generate the
corresponding Java stub files on a development machine.  I was succesfully
doing this on a crash/burn machine we have.

I am trying to run the following command:

java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -S -sv
http://gridtest.tacc.utexas.edu/axis/helloworld/HelloWorld.jws?wsdl

and I get the following error:

java: No match.

What does this mean.  The same exact command worked on the crash/burn
machine with no problem.  The CLASSPATHs are both identical ( with the
exception of the jdks being in different paths but I double checked that
they were right, respectivly)

What's going on here?

Thanks
-- _____________________________________________________________________
Eric Roberts                                 ericrobe@tacc.utexas.edu
Grid Computing Group
Texas Advanced Computing Center
University of Texas at Austin    http://www.tacc.utexas.edu/~ericrobe

Re: WSDL2Java

Posted by Brian Ewins <Br...@btinternet.com>.
Eric Roberts wrote:
> I guess so.  The weird thing is, when I run the command with everything
> except the URI, the help dialog appears like when you enter a command with
> a missing argument.

 >>>java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -S -sv
 >>>http://gridtest.tacc.utexas.edu/axis/helloworld/HelloWorld.jws?wsdl

Its the question mark in the URL that causes the problem. It tries to
match the argument to a filename because it includes a character wildcard.
Try this instead:
java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -S -sv
'http://gridtest.tacc.utexas.edu/axis/helloworld/HelloWorld.jws?wsdl'

(single quotes)

-Baz

Re: WSDL2Java

Posted by Eric Roberts <er...@tacc.utexas.edu>.
I guess so.  The weird thing is, when I run the command with everything
except the URI, the help dialog appears like when you enter a command with
a missing argument.

???

Re: WSDL2Java

Posted by Miguel A Paraz <ma...@free.net.ph>.
On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 03:34:46PM -0500, Eric Roberts wrote:
> I am trying to run the following command:
>
> java org.apache.axis.wsdl.WSDL2Java -S -sv
> http://gridtest.tacc.utexas.edu/axis/helloworld/HelloWorld.jws?wsdl
>
> and I get the following error:
>
> java: No match.

isn't that a Unix shell error?