Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by "Dr. Stefan Reisner" <st...@syngenio.de> on 2004/03/05 14:03:53 UTC

Cannot edit "Foo" page from tutorial

I've only had a few hours of exposure to Lenya and this group, so please
bear with my ignorance ;-)

Running the war from nightly build lenya-1.2-bin-20040305045111.zip on
tomcat 4.1.29 on my xp laptop, I logged into the authoring view and
created the "Foo" page, according to the tutorial. I had to fix the
create.xsl because of the language problem, but after that it worked.

However, I cannot edit any content, because all entries in my Edit menu
are grayed-out. The symptom is the same in IE 6 and in Mozilla 1.6.

What might be wrong?

Regards
Stefan

Re: Cannot edit "Foo" page from tutorial

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Christian Egli wrote:

>I fixed it. Get an update from CVS or wait for tonights nightly build.

cool, thanks very much. I guess I shouldn't blame everything on the
endorsed libraries ;-)

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Cannot edit "Foo" page from tutorial

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net> writes:

> "Dr. Stefan Reisner" <st...@syngenio.de> writes:
>
> > However, I cannot edit any content, because all entries in my Edit
> > menu are grayed-out. The symptom is the same in IE 6 and in Mozilla
> > 1.6.
>
> I'm working on this as we speak. It seems that someone checked
> something in that makes the WorkflowmenuTransformer think this action
> is not allowed.
>
> I'll keep you posted as soon as I find the solution.

I fixed it. Get an update from CVS or wait for tonights nightly build.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.net   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: Cannot edit "Foo" page from tutorial

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Christian Egli wrote:

>>However, I cannot edit any content, because all entries in my Edit
>>menu are grayed-out. The symptom is the same in IE 6 and in Mozilla
>>1.6.
>

> I'm working on this as we speak. It seems that someone checked
> something in that makes the WorkflowmenuTransformer think this action
> is not allowed.
>
> I'll keep you posted as soon as I find the solution.

my bad. i missed one changed file config/workflow/workflow.xml in the
default publication when i checked in the changes. turns out eclipse 3.0
M7 has a bug in the synch view that does not show you all changed files..

(it feels good to be able to blame someone else :)

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya

Re: Cannot edit "Foo" page from tutorial

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.

Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.com   +41 1 272 9161

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Dr. Stefan Reisner wrote:

> Michael Wechner wrote:
>

>> Have you installed the endorsed libraries?
>>
> xalan-2.5.0.jar and xercesImpl-2.6.1.jar are in tomcat's
> common/endorsed. I also tried xercesImpl-2.5.0.jar, with the same result.

have you seen Christian's and Gregor's post? It should be fixed again.
Sorry for leading you in the wrong direction ...

Michi

Michael Wechner

Re: Cannot edit "Foo" page from tutorial

Posted by "Dr. Stefan Reisner" <st...@syngenio.de>.

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Dr. Stefan Reisner wrote:

> I've only had a few hours of exposure to Lenya and this group, so
> please bear with my ignorance ;-)
>
> Running the war from nightly build lenya-1.2-bin-20040305045111.zip on
> tomcat 4.1.29 on my xp laptop, I logged into the authoring view and
> created the "Foo" page, according to the tutorial. I had to fix the
> create.xsl because of the language problem, but after that it worked.
>
> However, I cannot edit any content, because all entries in my Edit
> menu are grayed-out. The symptom is the same in IE 6 and in Mozilla 1.6.

Have you installed the endorsed libraries?

HTH

Michi

> What might be wrong?
>
> Regards