Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Bill Arbuckle, Jr." <bi...@wingshooter.net> on 2002/11/28 18:59:54 UTC

[users@httpd] Form Post Variables

It seems that I have a variable scoping problem and I am not sure where to
begin.  I believe it to be an Apache setting as I run the script on two
different servers and it works correctly on one but not the other.  The code
is html/php and the test server is not maintaining the variable declaration
between form submissions.  When updated the form calls itself to update.  In
the process the variables are made global.  As I said, on one Apache
implementation it works as expected but on my test server it does not.  I am
assuming that it is a setting that is not enabled on the test server but I
do not know what that may be.  Apache 1.3 is running on both servers.  The
OSs are RHL and W2K.  The installation on the 2K machine is the one that is
not operating properly.  Does anyone have any hints or suggestions?  TIA

Bill

Re: [users@httpd] Form Post Variables

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@apache.org>.
Turn on register_globals in your php.ini file.