Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kranthi Kumar K <Kr...@ccubefintech.com> on 2019/01/02 09:23:30 UTC

Solr Size Limitation upto 32 KB files

Hi,

We are currently using Solr 4.2.1 version in our project and everything is going well. But recently, we are facing an issue with Solr Data Import. It is not importing the files with size greater than 32766 bytes (i.e, 32 kb) and showing 2 exceptions:

  1.  java.lang.illegalargumentexception
  2.  org.apache.lucene.util.bytesref hash$maxbyteslengthexceededexception

Please find the attached screenshot for reference.

We have searched for solutions in many forums and didn't find the exact solution for this issue. Interestingly, we found in the article, by changing the type of the 'field' from sting to  'text_general' might solve the issue. Please have a look in the below forum:

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29445323/adding-a-document-to-the-index-in-solr-document-contains-at-least-one-immense-t

Schema.xml:
Changed from:
'<field name="text" type="string_rev" indexed="true" stored="false" multiValued="true" />'

Changed to:
'<field name="text" type="text_general " indexed="true" stored="false" multiValued="true" />'

We have tried it but still it is not importing the files > 32 KB or 32766 bytes.

Could you please let us know the solution to fix this issue? We'll be awaiting your reply.

[image001]
Thanks & Regards,
Kranthi Kumar.K,
Software Engineer,
Ccube Fintech Global Services Pvt Ltd.,
Email/Skype: kranthikumar.k@ccubefintech.com<ma...@ccubefintech.com>,
Mobile: +91-8978078449.

Re: Solr Size Limitation upto 32 KB files

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
You are not saying exactly how you index those documents. But check out the requestParsers tag in solrconfig.xml, see https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/requestdispatcher-in-solrconfig.html#RequestDispatcherinSolrConfig-requestParsersElement <https://lucene.apache.org/solr/guide/6_6/requestdispatcher-in-solrconfig.html#RequestDispatcherinSolrConfig-requestParsersElement>

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com