Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Claus Ibsen <ci...@silverbullet.dk> on 2008/06/08 09:18:29 UTC

camel-cfx using JDK logging

Hi

I was just wondering why the camel-cfx component uses JDK logging? Is it because the CFX framework itself uses this?

The reason I am asking is that if so I do think we should state this in the wiki documentation so end-users doesn't have trouble with their log4j.properties and can't get camel-cfx to log anything.

Med venlig hilsen

Claus Ibsen
Silverbullet
Skovsgårdsvænget 21
8362 Hørning
Tlf. +45 2962 7576
Web: www.silverbullet.dk

Re: camel-cfx using JDK logging

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Claus,

CXF's default logger is j.u.l but you can switch it to log4j ,
LogUtils[1]'s comment has the detail instruction.
Also the common log which Camel use can switch to j.u.l.

I will add these to camel-cxf component wiki page.
[1]
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cxf/trunk/common/common/src/main/java/org/apache/cxf/common/logging/LogUtils.java

Willem.