Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by denis queffeulou <de...@air2web.com> on 2008/09/01 14:13:59 UTC

Re: T4.1.5 possible ognl cache problem

I've made another test with 4.1.5 which gives:

34,2% 90528 invocations on ExpressionCache.getCompiledExpression
25,4% 90300 invocations on Ognl.compileExpression

The test is made of 5 pages which returns XML and has run for about 2 hours.

I'm not sure to be able to test with 4.1.6 in the next days.

--
Denis

Posted by denis queffeulou <de...@air2web.com>.
No, i've checked all my html (it's not a single html because we're using
lots of components).

--
denis

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by denis queffeulou <de...@air2web.com>.

Posted by Marcus Schulte <et...@googlemail.com>.
are you sure, you have org.apache.tapestry.disable-caching set to false? You
can easily check this by looking at Tapestry's exception page.

2008/9/1 denis queffeulou <de...@air2web.com>

> hmmmm,
>
> actually my WAR is a big application and I can't put it in Jira.
> Don't you already have pages with some OGNL expression in test case ?
> I look at the source code and see that a WeakHashMap but even with half
> memory used, the cache hits are not numerous.
>
> Is there any configuration to tweak ? (I'm not in debug mode).
> Perhaps it's not a bug.
>
> Anyway I've made a issue in Jira (2635).
>

>  Can you attach a War-File to a an issue in Jira? If so, I promise to have
>> look at it :).
>>
>> 2008/9/1 denis queffeulou <de...@air2web.com>
>>

>>> I've made another test with 4.1.5 which gives:
>>>
>>> 34,2% 90528 invocations on ExpressionCache.getCompiledExpression
>>> 25,4% 90300 invocations on Ognl.compileExpression
>>>
>>> The test is made of 5 pages which returns XML and has run for about 2
>>> hours.
>>>
>>> I'm not sure to be able to test with 4.1.6 in the next days.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Denis
>>>

>>>  Jesse, could you comment on this? I haven't tried profiling my apps, but

Marcus Schulte
http://marcus-schulte.blogspot.com

Re: T4.1.5 possible ognl cache problem

Posted by denis queffeulou <de...@air2web.com>.