Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Jianwu Wang <ji...@sdsc.edu> on 2011/01/17 01:58:44 UTC

how to set customized hadoop environment? Thanks.

Hi there,

     I was able to use whirr-0.2.0 to set up a hadoop cluster based on
my customized image. Everything goes smoothly. Great project!

     My project needs more customization on a hadoop cluster. There are
two questions I haven't found answer. Please help me out. Thanks a lot!

     1) I need hadoop start up with customized $HADOOP_CLASSPATH. I
unusually edit $HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-env.sh to add  my own jars. How
should I enable it in whirr?

     2) I'm using hadoop-0.21.0. Based on page:
http://incubator.apache.org/whirr/contrib/python/using-command-line-options.html,
I should download the file
(http://archive.cloudera.com/cloud/ec2/cdh3/hadoop-ec2-init-remote.sh)
and edit it. But I don't know which line to edit.

--

Best wishes

Sincerely yours

Jianwu Wang