Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> on 2012/10/30 23:55:42 UTC

[ANN] Dave Cottlehuber joins the PMC

Hey folks,

I am delighted to announce that Dave Cottlehuber joins the Apache CouchDB
Project Management Committee today.

Dave has made outstanding, sustained contributions, and this appointment is
an official acknowledgement of his position within the community, and our
trust in his ability to provide oversight for the project.

Everybody, please join me in congratulating Dave!

I would also like to take this opportunity to bid a fond farewell to J.
Chris Anderson, who has resigned from the PMC. J. Chris was instrumental to
much of CouchDB's early success, and we wish him all the best with his
future projects.

NS

Re: [ANN] Dave Cottlehuber joins the PMC

Posted by Stefan Kögl <ko...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations! Well deserved, Dave \°/

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
woot! Welcome Dave!

Posted by Stefan Kögl <ko...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
woot! Welcome Dave!

Posted by Ryan Ramage <ry...@gmail.com>.
Congrats Dave! The future looks bright.

Thanks to J Chris, who helped get this (admin) party started.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Congrats Dave, your engraved PMC shackles will arrive by express
delivery. Please fasten to most convenient limb as soon as you can.

Cheers,
B.

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Hans J Schroeder <hs...@cloudno.de>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
On 30 October 2012 23:09, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> Welcome Dave!
>
> And I am sure we haven’t seen the last of Chris :D

Let's hope so! My wording was probably not clear. Sorry about that!

J. Chris has resigned from the PMC. Not the project in general, or
the community. :)

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
Welcome Dave!

And I am sure we haven’t seen the last of Chris :D

Best
Jan

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
Congratulations Dave!

--
Filipe David Manana,

Re: [ANN] Dave Cottlehuber joins the PMC

Posted by Gabriel Mancini <ga...@gmail.com>.
Cheers man!!

--
Gabriel Mancini de Campos
Arquiteto de Soluções

+55 (11) 9449-1706
gabriel.mancini@gmail.com
São Paulo - SP - Brasil

Re: [ANN] Dave Cottlehuber joins the PMC

Posted by Octavian Damiean <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Octavian Damiean <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.

Posted by Randall Leeds <ra...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I am delighted to announce that Dave Cottlehuber joins the Apache CouchDB
> Project Management Committee today.
>
> Dave has made outstanding, sustained contributions, and this appointment is
> an official acknowledgement of his position within the community, and our
> trust in his ability to provide oversight for the project.
>
> Everybody, please join me in congratulating Dave!

Nice! Congratulations, Dave!

> I would also like to take this opportunity to bid a fond farewell to J.
> Chris Anderson, who has resigned from the PMC. J. Chris was instrumental to
> much of CouchDB's early success, and we wish him all the best with his
> future projects.

Indeed. Thank you for all your vision and work, J. Chris. We'll see
you around, I'm sure!

Re: [ANN] Dave Cottlehuber joins the PMC

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.
Thanks everybody for the kind words! I've checked my post box today & the
red cape and super-powers instruction book are still missing??

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexander Shorin <kx...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dirkjan Ochtman <di...@ochtman.nl>.