Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org> on 2014/08/13 15:51:42 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.6 (incubating) (RC5)

Hi All,

Please vote on releasing the following artifacts as Apache Flink 0.6
incubating. This will be the first release for Flink since entering the
Apache Incubator.

The commit to be voted upon:
*http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-flink/commit/877b585d
<http://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-flink/commit/877b585d>*

The artifacts to be voted on are located here:
*http://people.apache.org/~rmetzger/flink-0.6-incubating-rc5/
<http://people.apache.org/~rmetzger/flink-0.6-incubating-rc5/>*

The GPG key (D9839159) used to sign the release is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/flink/KEYS

I can not provide a staged maven repository at this point, since
repository.apache.org is down. I already contacted infra and hope that I
can give you the link in a few hours.

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Flink 0.6 incubating.

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of
at least three +1 PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache Flink 0.6-incubating
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but I'm okay with the release

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Flink 0.6 (incubating) (RC5)

Posted by Fabian Hueske <fh...@gmail.com>.
I tested the setup on Windows and found some issues.
I fixed FLINK-1047, FLINK-1048, and FLINK-1051. Will add FLINK-1050 to
setup documentation now.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.
Yes, if the patch is critical issue that should be fixed in the RC.
Its always a case-by-case decision. We only merged really critical issues
into the "release-0.6" branch to reduce the testing overhead. I think most
of the patches were issues we found while testing release candidates, so
the patches were written for the "release-0.6" branch and applied to the
master (not the other way around).

Hopefully the latest RC vote is the final vote ;)

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henry Saputra <he...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robert Metzger <rm...@apache.org>.