Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Stephen Mallette <sp...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/19 18:50:15 UTC

Branching after 3.0.2-incubating

I believe that one or two discussions have been raised so far on this list
about how we would proceed with release planning and branching once
3.0.2-incubating was released.  Here's the link to the most recent one:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-tinkerpop-dev/201509.mbox/%3CCAA-H438mJCWgZD5VHbcVw9NVDUynPX2poLFcGOv23g6bYKcCqg@mail.gmail.com%3E

Anyway, the short of it is that once 3.0.2 is officially released, we will
stop development on the 3.0.x line of code and thus not commit anything
else to the tp30 branch.  Therefore all work for the time being should find
its way to the master branch until we release 3.1.0.  If there is a bug in
the 3.0.x line of code, we should look to fix it in 3.1.x (master).

Thanks,

Stephen

Re: Branching after 3.0.2-incubating

Posted by Jason Plurad <pl...@gmail.com>.
Makes sense to me. I just wanted to clear up publicly whether or not a vote
was appropriate/necessary to make the community decision-making process
visible in the spirit of the Apache Way. As you mentioned, this was covered
before adequately here
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-tinkerpop-dev/201509.mbox/%3CCAA-H438mJCWgZD5VHbcVw9NVDUynPX2poLFcGOv23g6bYKcCqg%40mail.gmail.com%3E>
(and apparently I just need to monitor this list more closely!).

Thanks, Stephen, and nice job on managing the 3.0.2 release!

--
Have a good one,
Jason

Re: Branching after 3.0.2-incubating