Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <ou...@vip.net.pl> on 2003/03/08 17:02:08 UTC

Cocoon + Jetty as Win32 service

Jetty on its own can be run as win32 service using this command (taken from
jetty readme):

%JETTY_HOME%\bin\JavaService -install "Jetty Java HTTP Server"
%%JAVA_VM%\jvm.dll -Djava.class.path=%CLASSPATH% -start
%org.mortbay.jetty.win32.Service -params ./etc/jetty.xml -stop
%org.mortbay.jetty.win32.Service -method stopAndDestroy -out
%./logs/jettysvc.out -err ./logs/jettysvc.err -current %JETTY_HOME%

Now I see that cocoon.bat uses a custom Loader class to setup classpath and
run Jetty server.

The question is: how can I run Jetty as service using the same mechanism as
provided in cocoon.bat?
	ouzo
--
            __
        \_\\  //_/      ouzo@vip.net.pl          _\\()//_

Re: Cocoon + Jetty as Win32 service

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
On 8/3/03 16:04, "Leszek Gawron" <ou...@vip.net.pl> wrote:

> On sob, mar 08, 2003 at 05:02:08 +0100, Leszek Gawron wrote:
>> Jetty on its own can be run as win32 service using this command (taken from
>> jetty readme):
>>
>> %JETTY_HOME%\bin\JavaService -install "Jetty Java HTTP Server"
>> %%JAVA_VM%\jvm.dll -Djava.class.path=%CLASSPATH% -start
>> %org.mortbay.jetty.win32.Service -params ./etc/jetty.xml -stop
>> %org.mortbay.jetty.win32.Service -method stopAndDestroy -out
>> %./logs/jettysvc.out -err ./logs/jettysvc.err -current %JETTY_HOME%
>>
>> Now I see that cocoon.bat uses a custom Loader class to setup classpath and
>> run Jetty server.
>>
>> The question is: how can I run Jetty as service using the same mechanism as
>> provided in cocoon.bat?
> Forgot about the reason writing to cocoon-dev instead of cocoon-users:
>
> I think one cannot use the Loader class and install Jetty as service because
> no start/stop method may be provided. Could Loader class be extended to
> provide methods to explicitly start/stop the servlet container ?
> ouzo

Simple, do not use the Cocoon loaded but deploy the Cocoon web-application
in a fresh install of Jetty. Again, the Jetty we ship with Cocoon is not the
"Jetty Jetty" thing! :-) Do as you would do with Tomcat, ESPECIALLY if you
use JDK-1.4...

    Pier

Re: Cocoon + Jetty as Win32 service

Posted by Leszek Gawron <ou...@vip.net.pl>.