Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Paulo Jorge Guedes <Pa...@artelecom.pt> on 2006/01/18 19:55:58 UTC

-propertyfile ant switch

Hi,

I use "inheritAll=false" so I have to use the -propertyfile switch to
have properties available to all projects.
The problem is that I call ant from CruiseControl and I can't use this
switch. I tried to use the "propertyfile" target but it didn't work.

Do you know any other solution?

Paulo

Re: -propertyfile ant switch

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Paulo Jorge Guedes <Pa...@artelecom.pt>
wrote:

> I use "inheritAll=false" so I have to use the -propertyfile switch
> to have properties available to all projects.

Not necessarily, you can aso explicitly list the properties you want
to have available in all projects.  <propertyset> and <macrodef> may
help, i.e. define your own version of the <ant> task.

> The problem is that I call ant from CruiseControl and I can't use
> this switch.

Why not?

> I tried to use the "propertyfile" target but it didn't work.

<propertyfile> creates "plain" properties just like <property> does,
-propertyfile does the same as multiple -Dmustrum=ridcully attributes,
i.e. it creates what Ant calls user properties which are special in
many ways (they are even more immutable, so to say).

Stefan