Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Stephen Riek <st...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2003/03/13 06:29:36 UTC

Please help - mod_jk doesn't allow query strings in hyperlinks

3 weeks already and I still can't get mod_jk to handle query strings :(

I have Apache 1.3.x in front of Tomcat 4.1.18  via  JK (and not JK2).

I can follow hyperlinks from one JSP to another JSP, through JK/Apache.
However, I can not follow links which have a query appended.

For example,say I have 2 JSPs - A.jsp and B.jsp.
The following link on A.jsp would work -
    A HREF ="B.jsp"

But this link on A.jsp would not work -
    A HREF="B.jsp?var=value"

The error log in Apache simply reads,
"[Wed Feb 19 12:52:46 2003] [notice] child pid 25102 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)"

And the error in Catalina.out reads,
[INFO] ChannelSocket - -server has been restarted or reset this
connection

At the moment I have set JK to pass ALL requests through with
JkMount /* worker1

But is there something else I have to do to allow requests with querystrings ?

My httpd/conf/workers.properties is :

worker.list=worker1
worker.worker1.type=ajp13
worker.worker1.host=localhost
worker.worker1.port=8009
worker.worker1.lbfactor=50
worker.worker1.cachesize=10
worker.worker1.cache_timeout=600
worker.worker1.socket_keepalive=1
worker.worker1.socket_timeout=300

And my httpd.conf uses this:

LoadModule jk_module modules/mod_jk.so
AddModule mod_jk.c
JkWorkersFile /httpd/conf/workers.properties
JkLogFile /httpd/logs/mod_jk.log
JkLogLevel info
JkOptions +ForwardKeySize +ForwardURICompat -ForwardDirectories
JkRequestLogFormat "%w %V %T"
JkMount /* worker1

At the moment, this problem is stopping me from launching a site so if anybody can help, I'd be very grateful.

Thank you very much in advance,

Stephen.

---------------------------------

Solaris6 mod_jk.so binary anybody ? (Segmentation fault with mine)

Posted by Stephen Riek <st...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Checking my mod_jk.log and Apache error_log, I found that there was a segmentation fault which seems to point to there being a problem with my mod_jk.so
error_log
---------
[Mon Mar 17 14:46:07 2003] [notice] child pid 6666 exit signal Segmentation Fault (11)
mod_jk.log
----------
[Mon Mar 17 14:46:07 2003]  [jk_uri_worker_map.c (460)]: Into jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker
[Mon Mar 17 14:46:07 2003]  [jk_uri_worker_map.c (477)]: Attempting to map URI '/examples/jsp/num/numguess.jsp'
[Mon Mar 17 14:46:07 2003]  [jk_uri_worker_map.c (502)]: jk_uri_worker_map_t::map_uri_to_worker, Found a context match worker1 -> /
[Mon Mar 17 14:46:07 2003]  [jk_worker.c (132)]: Into wc_get_worker_for_name worker1
[Mon Mar 17 14:46:07 2003]  [jk_worker.c (136)]: wc_get_worker_for_name, done  found a worker

Does anybody have a binary mod_jk.so for Solaris 6 (SunOS 5.6) ?
I checked the Jakarta site but somebody seems to have pinched the binaries !
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-connectors/jk/release/v1.2.1/bin/solaris6/
Please feel free to mail me direct if you do have the binary. Thank you.
Stephen.

 Stephen Riek <st...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
OK, here's the problem in a nutshell.

Tomcat is set up and works fine.
I can access the JSP & servlet examples at http://127.0.0.1:8080/examples
Apache 1.3.x and Mod_jk are also set up.
I can access the JSP & servlet examples at http://127.0.0.1/examples
The request header servlet works fine.
http://127.0.0.1/examples/servlet/RequestHeaderExample
and it outputs the request headers.
However, add a GET querystring to the URL and it all screws up.
Eg. http://127.0.0.1/examples/servlet/RequestHeaderExample?x=8
will cause an error.
The error is in catalina.out as a result of the above, is
[INFO] ChannelSocket - -server has been restarted or reset this connection
[INFO] ChannelSocket - -server has been restarted or reset this connection
Anybody any idea why this might be the case ???? (my mod_jk config is below)

This is getting so desperate, I might have to look for a commercial
Java application server that handles virtual hosts and has an easier
setup. (any recommendations?). But I would prefer to stick with
Tomcat.

Stephen.

Anybody got mod_jk working ? help pls.