Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by kun xiong <xi...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/18 08:41:53 UTC

solr/home property seting

Hi all,

I am wondering how could I set a path for solr/home property.

Our solr home is inside the solr.war, so I don't want a absolute path(will
deploy to different boxes).

Currently I hard code a relative path as solr/home property in web.xml.

  <!-- People who want to hardcode their "Solr Home" directly into the
       WAR File can set the JNDI property here...
   -->
   <env-entry>
       <env-entry-name>solr/home</env-entry-name>
       <env-entry-value>*../webapps/solr/home*</env-entry-value>
       <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
    </env-entry>

But in this way, I have to start tomcat under bin/. Seems the root path here
is start path.

How could I set solr/home property to get ride of tomcat start path.

Thanks

Kun

Re: solr/home property seting

Posted by Grijesh <pi...@gmail.com>.
Why you have putted your solr home inside the Tomcat's webapps directory.
This is not the correct way.Put your Solr home somewhere other place outside
the servlet container and set your solr/home path accordingly as
<env-entry>
       <env-entry-name>solr/home</env-entry-name>
       <env-entry-value>/opt/solr/home</env-entry-value>
       <env-entry-type>java.lang.String</env-entry-type>
    </env-entry>

-----
Thanx:
Grijesh