Posted to dev@beehive.apache.org by Eddie O'Neil <ek...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/24 18:23:00 UTC

the thread local know as PageFlowContext

All--

  In order to support the simple tags, we've got a PageFlowContext
object that lives on a thread local and provides methods to get the
ServletRequest, ServletResponse, and ServletContext.  This is a great
way to keep the APIs clean because ServletContext doesn't have to be
passed around to every single method in the API.

  Today, however, NetUI leaks the request, response, and servlet
context objects as the thread local isn't removed from the thread at
the end of the servlet and filter in which it's added.  It's also not
used currently by code that ships in Beehive.

  Until we're using it (which could be soon), I'd like to remove it
from the thread local.  Once we put it back, we'll just be sure to
remove the PageFlowContext at the end of the container in which it was
added.

  Thoughts or flames?

Eddie